Sunday 30 November 2014

Temp Post of BC Finale!









This time as Sailor hears the hum of an approaching vehicle it's a smile not a grimace that crosses her face.

The tall frame which steps out of the car is visibly shaking and as Midnight makes his was across the grass Sailor has to stop herself from running and throwing herself at him.

Midnight: Hey Sailor.

Sailor: Hi...

Midnight: You look unbelievable. I literally can't even speak right now. Please just-

Sailor: Midnight... The day you came in my front door was a crazy day and you were one of the craziest parts. I didn't understand you, didn't know what to do with you. If you had asked me then I would never have put a penny on us standing here today.

But you didn't let it go when I called you out. You came back at me with reasons and good grace and you showed me how wrong I was. In a scenario where I had all the power you didn't let me walk on you, you cared enough to stand up to me. And you became my friend.

My best friend.

But that wasn't enough for you. You knew what you wanted and even as I chased other people and took you for granted you stood by me, you showed me what it really means to love someone, to give yourself to them whether they deserve it or not, whether they reciprocate or not.

And today is the day I finally saw that. The day I let go of all the things I had been clinging to because I understood them, because they made sense or matched up to what I had read about in books and seen in movies.

You don't make any sense and yet I understand you perfectly. You drive me mad but I find I enjoy the insanity. You make me look at myself and see both flaws and perfections that I didn't know were there.
You see me better than I see myself. 

And finally I can see you too. 

Today is the day I can stand here, heart racing like they said it would, palms sweaty like I read they would be and tell you that I love you.

Not the fluffy heart and rainbow kind of love I though I would find, but love that is built on friendship, on fun and understanding and pillow fights and disagreements and compromise.

Midnight... I love you. And I have one last rose to give out. I've made my choice but now you have one.
Will you accept this rose and me with it?

Midnight: I don't want the stupid flowers. I just want you!

You know how much I love you, now get over here before I start crying.

*and with a sweeping string section and birds and confetti and all that cliched romantic crap... Sailor has found her love!*

No comments:

Post a Comment